491 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 489. No deaths were reported due to the virus.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.8 per cent provincially and 14.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 44,189
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 41 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 10 cases in the Northern health region;
- 24 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 88 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 328 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,163 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 39,024 people listed as recovered.
239 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 179 have active cases of the virus.
There are 67 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 50 of those having active cases.
3,719 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 714,218 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,002.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021