488 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 485. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 20s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 10.5 per cent provincially and 12.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 41,425
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 17 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- nine cases in the Northern health region;
- 30 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 43 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 389 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,237 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 37,198 people listed as recovered.
200 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 139 have active cases of the virus.
There are 54 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 44 of those having active cases.
4,462 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 690,365 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 990.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021