47 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 2.1 per cent provincially and 1.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 57,548
The cases today are from:
• 21 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• six new cases in the Northern health region;
• one new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• six new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• 13 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 526 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 55,845 people listed as recovered.
102 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 29 are in intensive care.
1,673 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 871,465 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,177.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021