44 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.617.2 (delta) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 3.5 per cent provincially and 2.9 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 57,269
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- three cases in the Northern health region;
- two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 11 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 16 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 916 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 55,187 people listed as recovered.
105 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 29 are in intensive care.
1,897 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 859,781 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,166.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021