430 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.7 per cent provincially and 14.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 45,579
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 18 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 37 cases in the Northern health region;
- 18 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 44 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 313 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,568 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 40,000 people listed as recovered.
265 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 209 have active cases of the virus.
There are 73 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 53 of those having active cases.
3,190 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 725,195 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,011.
An outbreak has been declared at Bethesda Regional Health Centre on the Medical Unit in Steinbach.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021