430 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 428. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 60s from the Northern Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 80s from Winnipeg health region; and
- a female in her 90s from Winnipeg Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.0 per cent provincially and 14.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 44,617
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 23 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 11 cases in the Northern health region;
- 30 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 27 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 339 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,219 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 39,392 people listed as recovered.
241 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 181 have active cases of the virus.
There are 70 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 51 of those having active cases.
3,515 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 718,020 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,006.
Due to rising infection rates of COVID-19, all 27 schools in the Garden Valley and Red River Valley School Districts will move to remote learning effective May 18 until May 30.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021