42 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 41. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 3.4 per cent provincially and 3.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 57,028
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 18 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- two cases in the Northern health region;
- five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 14 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 973 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,891 people listed as recovered.
128 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 31 are in intensive care. Two are receiving care outside of the province.
1,596 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 851,231 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,164.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021