402 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 401. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- a female in her 80s from Southern Health–Santé Sud, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 90s from Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 13.5 per cent provincially and 15.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 46,314
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 40 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 18 cases in the Northern health region;
- 42 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 50 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 252 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,550 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 40,748 people listed as recovered.
293 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 231 have active cases of the virus.
There are 80 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 61 of those having active cases.
3,166 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 731,413 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,016.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021