364 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 70s from Interlake-Eastern health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12.1 per cent provincially and 14.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 43,143
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 50 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 10 cases in the Northern health region;
- 34 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 47 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 223 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,940 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 38,203 people listed as recovered.
221 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 162 have active cases of the virus.
There are 62 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 50 of those having active cases.
3,567 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 705,377 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,000.
An outbreak has been declared at St. Norbert Personal Care Home in St. Norbert.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021