363 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 357. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- a male in his 50s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 9.1 per cent provincially and 10.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 40,442
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 15 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 34 cases in the Northern health region;
- 28 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 23 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 263 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,732 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 36,724 people listed as recovered.
185 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 123 have active cases of the virus.
There are 52 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 40 of those having active cases.
3,947 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 681,038 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 986.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021