360 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Five cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 355. Five deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 70s from the Northern health region;
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region;
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the unspecified variant of concern; and
- a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.5 per cent provincially and 13.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 51,935
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 19 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 23 cases in the Northern health region;
- 42 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 56 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 220 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,179 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 46,689 people listed as recovered.
297 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 212 have active cases of the virus.
There are 68 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 45 of those having active cases.
2,933 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 778,451 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,067.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021