36 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two cases were removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 34. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 5.9 per cent provincially and 5.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,516
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- five cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- two cases in the Northern health region;
- two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- three cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 24 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 972 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,392 people listed as recovered.
155 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 42 are in intensive care. Six are receiving care outside of the province.
989 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 837,996 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,152.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021