335 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 334. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 13 per cent provincially and 14.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 45,913
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 26 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 25 cases in the Northern health region;
- 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 29 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 241 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,543 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 40,358 people listed as recovered.
278 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 216 have active cases of the virus.
There are 70 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 51 of those having active cases.
2,893 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 728,129 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,012.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021