329 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 326. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 40 from Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.4 per cent provincially and 13.0 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 52,261
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 30 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 30 cases in the Northern health region;
- 28 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 38 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 203 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,191 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 46,999 people listed as recovered.
293 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 207 have active cases of the virus.
There are 65 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 41 of those having active cases.
2,555 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 781,287 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,071.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021