31 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 70s from the Interlake–Eastern Regional health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 5.0 per cent provincially and 4.1 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,920
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- three cases in the Northern health region;
- two cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 20 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,025 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,733 people listed as recovered.
138 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 33 are in intensive care. Five are receiving care outside of the province.
1,332 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 846,855 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,162.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021