294 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 291. Five deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- • a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern;
- • a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- • a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- • a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.2 per cent provincially and 11.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 54,163
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 23 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 32 cases in the Northern health region;
- 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 53 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 163 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,437 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 49,633 people listed as recovered.
285 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 204 have active cases of the virus.
There are 82 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 37 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 26 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
26 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
2,225 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 799,662 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,093.
A COVID-19 outbreak has been declared at the Dauphin Regional Health Centre (medicine unit) in Dauphin.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021