276 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Six cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 270. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.5 per cent provincially and 12.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 52,531
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 26 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 15 cases in the Northern health region;
- 22 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 54 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 159 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,114 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 47,345 people listed as recovered.
294 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 213 have active cases of the virus.
There are 102 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 44 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 39 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
14 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
2,486 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 783,911 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,072.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021
© News4.ca 2021