272 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 271. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a female in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 8.8 per cent provincially and 9.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 40,085
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 13 cases in the Northern health region;
- 37 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 20 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 182 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,780 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 36,323 people listed as recovered.
184 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 125 have active cases of the virus.
There are 47 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 36 of those having active cases.
2,803 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 676,845 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 982.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021