26 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a female in her 70s from the Northern health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud region linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 2.5 per cent provincially and 1.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 57,502
The cases today are from:
• 15 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region;
• zero new cases in the Northern health region;
• two new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
• three new cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
• six new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 497 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 55,830 people listed as recovered.
104 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 30 are in intensive care.
1,487 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 869,632 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,175.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021