259 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 30s from the Winnipeg health region; and
- a female in her 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 13.8 per cent provincially and 15.9 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 49,046
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 15 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 14 cases in the Northern health region;
- 15 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 28 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 187 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,945 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 43,066 people listed as recovered.
314 people are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 253 have active cases of the virus.
There are 79 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 59 of those having active cases.
2,398 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 751,948 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,035.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021