25 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 23. One death was reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 4.5 per cent provincially and 4.0 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 56,943
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- zero cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- four cases in the Northern health region;
- one cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- seven cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 13 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 982 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 54,798 people listed as recovered.
133 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 32 are in intensive care. Two are receiving care outside of the province.
972 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 847,831 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,163.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021