237 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Three cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 234. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12 per cent provincially and 12.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 53,153
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 13 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 21 cases in the Northern health region;
- 17 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 42 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 144 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,836 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 48,238 people listed as recovered.
300 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 222 have active cases of the virus.
There are 104 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 51 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 36 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
17 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
1,993 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 789,759 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,079.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021