221 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 220. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern;
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 12 per cent provincially and 13 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 52,751
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- nine cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 12 cases in the Northern health region;
- 25 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 32 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 143 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 4,069 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 47,607 people listed as recovered.
309 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 228 have active cases of the virus.
There are 99 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 43 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 37 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
16 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
1,993 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 785,905 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,075.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021