189 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Six cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 183. Four deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 30s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the unspecified variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from the Prairie Mountain Health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 8.3 per cent provincially and 8.3 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,098
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 19 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 38 cases in the Northern health region;
- 19 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 26 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 87 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,436 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 51,547 people listed as recovered.
238 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 143 have active cases of the virus.
There are 80 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 37 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 23 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
2,122 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 811,572 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,115.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021