169 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 168. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a female in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 11.9 per cent provincially and 12.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 52,919
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- six cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 16 cases in the Northern health region;
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 27 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 111 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,962 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 47,880 people listed as recovered.
308 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 223 have active cases of the virus.
There are 102 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 47 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 36 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
17 patients being treated in ICUs in other provinces have been returned to Manitoba hospitals according to health officials.
1,838 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 787,762 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,077.
Eligibility to receive the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine is now open to everyone who received their first dose on or before May 1.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021