151 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Eleven cases were removed due to a data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 140. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern and to the outbreak at Health Science Centre, WRS3; and
- a male in his 70s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern and to the outbreak at Bethesda Regional Health Centre, medical unit.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 8.3 per cent provincially and 7.4 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,238
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 14 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 33 cases in the Northern health region;
- 11 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 32 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 61 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 2,307 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 51,813 people listed as recovered.
238 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 134 have active cases of the virus.
There are 58 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 35 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 18 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
1,853 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 813,473 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,118.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021