124 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a female in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 10.7 per cent provincially and 10.2 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 54,481
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- four cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 14 cases in the Northern health region;
- seven cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 19 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 80 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 3,111 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 50,268 people listed as recovered.
271 people are in hospital in Manitoba with COVID-19 of which 194 have active cases of the virus.
There are 86 people in intensive care units due to the virus with 42 of those having active cases in Manitoba and 26 Manitobans being treated in other provinces.
1,667 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 803,597 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,102.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021