123 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. One case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 122. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 60s from the Southern Health-Santé Sud linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern; and
- a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 7.1 per cent provincially and 6.6 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,589
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 12 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 22 cases in the Northern health region;
- nine cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 16 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 64 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,789 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 52,668 people listed as recovered.
222 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 70 are in intensive care. 14 are receiving care outside of the province.
2,013 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 819,809 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,132.
Manitoba Public Health announced that people who received their first dose of vaccine on May 31 or earlier can now book their second dose. Appointments can be made online at protectmb.ca or by calling 1-844-626-8222
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021