106 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Two case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 104. Two deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern; and
- a male in his 80s from Southern Health-Santé Sud linked to an unspecified variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 6.4 per cent provincially and 6.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,692
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- nine cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 14 cases in the Northern health region;
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 18 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 64 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,715 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 52,843 people listed as recovered.
212 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 64 are in intensive care. 12 are receiving care outside of the province.
2,037 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 821,847 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,134.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021