106 new cases of COVID-19 were identified in the province today. Four cases have been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 102. Three deaths were reported due to the virus:
- a male in his 50s from the Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
- a male in his 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern; and
- a male in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern.
The five-day test positivity rate is currently 6.1 per cent provincially and 6.7 per cent in Winnipeg.
The total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba is 55,879
Today’s cases are from the following health regions:
- 11 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region;
- 18 cases in the Northern health region;
- six cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- 22 cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region; and
- 49 cases in the Winnipeg health region.
There are currently 1,514 active cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba with 53,227 people listed as recovered.
187 Manitobans are in hospital with COVID-19 of which 65 are in intensive care. 12 are receiving care outside of the province.
1,306 tests were completed yesterday. Since the virus first arrived in February 2020, there have been 825,031 tests completed.
The total number of deaths related to COVID-19 in Manitoba is 1,138.
LINK | Manitoba COVID-19 Dashboard
© News4.ca 2021