Twelve Manitobans are to be invested into the Order of Manitoba, the provinces highest honour, in a ceremony at the Legislature this afternoon, July 12, 2018.
Established in 1999 the award recognizes Manitobans who have demonstrated excellence and achievement thus enriching the social, cultural or economic well-being of the province.
Lt-Gov Janice Filmon will preside over the ceremony.
The 12 new members to the order are:
- Dr. David Barnard – Vice-Chancellor University of Manitoba
- Mr. Michael P. B. Belhumeur – Veteran and Metis leader
- Ms Jacqueline Blay – Francophone historian
- Ms Barbara Bruce – Metis, two-spirit elder
- Dr. Sara J. Israels – Pediatric hematologist
- Mr. Robert T. Kristjanson – Commercial Fisher
- Mr. William Loewen – Businessman
- Ms Bernice Marmel – Seniors advocate
- Mr. Robb Nash – Musician
- Mr. Ken Opaleke – Youth advocate
- Dr. Grant N. Pierce – Researcher
- Dr. Cheryl Rockman-Greenberg- Physician and Researcher
© 2018 News 4, a DigiPix Media Group company
.Share Post |
Follow News4 |