The owners of Sagehill Stables are praising the efforts of Winnipeg’s Firefighters in helping to save several horses after a barn fire at their facilities in the 4000 block of Waverley, south of the Perimeter Highway.
The fire broke out early Monday morning, January 8, 2018, in a building adjacent to the barn. The owners say that it appears to have started due to an issue with a block heater in a tractor.
Thank you to the Winnipeg Fire Department, Paramedics Service and Police Service for your quick initial response and continued support to the horses throughout the day
The fire didn’t spread to the barn but the smoke from the fire did and although staff were able to evacuate most of the horses several where unable to be moved.
Once the fire was put out Winnipeg firefighters helped a responding veterinarian give oxygen to the horses in an effort to save them.
Three horses died as a result of the smoke and several others are in critical care.
© 2018 News 4, a DigiPix Media Group company
Share Post |
Follow News4 |