Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) crews responded to a fire in a home in the 700 block of Beverley Street Tuesday evening, March 19, 2019. When crews arrived smoke could be seen billowing out of the front door and window on the two-storey home. Neighbours told News 4 that the home was vacant at the
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service fire investigators say that the early Tuesday morning, March 12, 2019, McPhillips Street fire was caused by the unsafe use of a portable space heater. Crews were called to the two storey home just minutes before 3:00 am for the report of a fire. Firefighters quickly put out the blaze that
Thirty people were evacuated from a six storey apartment building on Wednesday evening, March 6, 2019 after Winnipeg Fire Paramedic (WFPS) crews responded to a fire. Firefighters were able to bring the blaze under control quickly. After ventilating the structure people were allowed to return to their homes except for the residents in five suites.
An early morning fire had fire crews busy Tuesday, March 5, 2019 in the 900 block of Alexander Avenue. When firefighters arrived the house was fully involved with flames and smoke billowing out of it. Unsafe conditions forced crews outside the structure and making them to battle the blaze from the exterior. Water from fighting
The president of the United Fire Fighters of Winnipeg says that his members are being sent to dangerous non-medical, non-fire related calls on a regular basis and that city officials are not responding to his concerns. Alex Forrest, UFFW 867 president, said in a statement that firefighters are being sent to what are considered police
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) crews arrived at a fully involved home when they responded to a fire in the 100 block of Jarvis Avenue just after 2:00 am on Sunday, February 17, 2019. Flames and heavy smoke were billowing out the windows of the two-storey structure. The residence in the home had made it
The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service has launched a new program that will install smoke alarms in owner-occupied households that do not already have a working smoke detector. The S.A.F.E. Family (Smoke Alarm for Every Family) Program was announced on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, and will be rolled out in phases over the next two years.
Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service crews responded to a fire just after 7:00 am on Monday February 11, 2019 in the 1300 block of Taylor Avenue. Flames could be seen shooting out of one apartment in the 10 storey building. Firefighters were able to knock down the flames quickly. The suite with the fire suffered extensive fire,
The A&W fast food restaurant on Main Street near Inkster Boulevard is a charred shell of a building after flames engulfed the structure around 5:15 pm on Sunday, February 10, 2019. Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service Chief, John Lane told media that in fires like this grease often accumulates in the roof and cold temperatures make