Just after 4:30am residents of an apartment building in the 900 block of Corydon Avenue were jarred awake to the sounds of a fire alarm.
Fire has broken out on the third floor of the structure sending plumes of heavy smoke into the neighbourhood.
Two people were taken to hospital but the extent of their injuries are not known.
Police shut down Corydon between Stafford and Wentworth for a couple of hours as fire crews battled the early morning blaze.
Fire officials do not know what sparked the fire and do not have an estimate of the cost of damages.
Share Post |
Follow News4 |